Chickpea Pesto Sandwiches.Mindblowingly Tasty.Amazingly healthy.And quite easy to make too!😀
Here's a sandwich that you should be eating all the time!Seriously!!
My verdict?Pretty good for people who appreciate food.But not a big hit among kids.Especially if they're used to always having a cheese sandwich or a deep fried snack!However,it is a delicious and healthy sandwich!And if you train your palate enough,you'll start enjoying this like I do!!
Chickpea Sandwich – The Recipe
In a small pan,roast the coriander seeds.
Add it to a blender / food processor
Add the chickpea,a bit of Paneer (optional) & grind for a minute.
Open,add the rest of the ingredients (except the baguette of course)
Grind for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth pesto.
这是你填满!If chilled for 30 minutes,it tastes even better.
Warm your Baguette for a few minutes.Cut open from the middle.
Fill with the Chickpea pesto
Stuff with tomato slices.
- 1 cup boiled Chickpea / Garbanzo Beans (or use the canned ones)
- ¼ cup Paneer (cottage cheese) (optional)
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped onions
- 2 TBsp Basil or Mint
- ¼ tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds (to roast & powder) (or use ready made powder)
- 2 tsp Mayo (optional)
- 1 Baguette (or any bread can be used)
- Tomato slices for topping
- In a small pan,roast the coriander seeds & Add it to a blender / food processor
- Add the chickpea,a bit of Paneer (optional) & grind for a minute.
- Open,add the rest of the ingredients (except the baguette of course)
- Grind for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth pesto.
- 这是你填满!If chilled for 30 minutes,it tastes even better.
- Warm your Baguette for a few minutes.Cut open from the middle.
- Fill with the Chickpea pesto
- Stuff with tomato slices & Serve!!
- If you can't find the canned garbanzo beans,use the dry beans.Soak the beans overnight & boil in water until the beans are cooked well.
- You can use this concept to make any kind of flavor that you like
- It may seem odd to not"cook"the filling.But the beauty of the sandwich is it involves no cooking!!